Sunday, July 27, 2008

NC Babysitting

So from Thursday to Monday, I watched Trish and Dan's kiddies so they could get some much desired R&R. I always have a fun time babysitting my nieces and nephews as it always gives me insight as to what joys and challenges I can expect in my own future with my children. Courtney was down at Birdhouse Princess Camp so it was just Carter, Jonah, Bella, and me and my boys. Carter did a great job the first couple of days being 'the oldest' and the big helper, but I think he missed having his older sister around. Trish was worried about Bella, but she was a champ, and she only seemed to get flustered when Clark would enter her personal space. She would get very upset at this, and of course Clark, being the classic BOY that he is, just thought it was the funniest thing EVER...so he would just do it more and more, until he would get thrown on the naughty stair.

I was really worried about taking all of the children to church on Sunday. Keep in mind it would be me with 5 kids (6, 4, 2, 2, 6mo.). Fun or what?!!! I would have skipped out on it, but I think the desire for me to be aunt of the year influenced me to do otherwise. We got there a little late, and they opened the overflow right when we walked in. We sat in the chairs in the cultural hall, and it turned out we were the ONLY ones. Tricia's very nice friend took Carter and Jonah, so I JUST had Clark, Bella, and Andrew (2,2,6 mo). It was a challenge...correction...Clark was a challenge. He ended up doing walking laps around the chairs, and followed the lines on the basketball court. Everything was going okay, and I even ran into some old friends of mine and Tanner's who also happened to be visiting the ward that day. We were busy chatting it up in the hallway (read: ditching out on the 3rd hour of church), when the nursery leader brought Clark to me and said he was pushing other children. Great...thaaaanks. So now I am holding Andrew while chasing Clark around hallway, while trying to hold a conversation with our friends. Church let out and it was kind of pandemonium getting all of the kids together, and luckily, ANOTHER one of Tricia's friends came to my rescue and helped me get the kids all into the car. She even saved Clark from running out into the middle of the road. All in all, it was a success, but it wasn't without some major struggles. Can I still get the Aunt of the year award?

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I hereby bestow upon you

AUNT OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Melanie said...

you already had aunt of the year at my house last december...so now you are aunt of the year two years running?