Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy 30th!


Happy Birthday Trish! Even though you have to say goodbye to your 20s, I am sure your 30s will be just as good to you as you have said your 20s have been. I guess it is one of the blessings and curses of being the oldest. You always reach the milestones first! You must have been a great oldest sister because I always remember wanting to do whatever you did, listen to whatever you listened to, and wear whatever you were wearing. You were so cool, that even when you wanted to run away and were packing your bags, I remember standing there watching you thinking "Wow, she is SO COOL! She is running away!"

Even in the picture above, I was probably singing to try to show you that I could be a good singer just like you always were! I remember going to your modeling and dance shows and thinking you were some kind of celebrity. You were the epitome of style. Just don't look at the slippers in the photo below.



You have been such a supportive sister, from discussing my college major to what I should do about my boyfriends. You even cleaned up my throw-up after I ate 6 Tootsie Roll Pops on my birthday! That took serious sisterly love on your part.


I know we joke around now about how I was such a jerk when you got married, but you know that the real reason why I wasn't a fan of Dan was because I knew it meant you were moving on from our family and wanted to have your own. I think I only stopped mourning your loss when I got married!


From helping diagnose my child's illnesses, to helping me with my taxes, you continue to be an awesome older sister. Plain and simple, even at 30...you still da bomb!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

You and Mel are making me out to be awfully cool today, which I am NOT! But, it sure is feeding my ego. Thanks dude!

nanamoo said...

i didn't remember that tricia wanted to run away...lol

i have always loved that picture of the two of you!