Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Polka Dot Ball


Clark LOVES balls. He loves to throw them, roll them, and carry them around. I decided he needed a ball that he could really throw around the apartment that wouldn't garner expletives from the man living below us. When we were at the store today, I saw the classic wire cage filled with cheap, albeit not cheaply priced, plastic balls. I was immediately taken back to the days when we used to BEG my mother for one of those balls EVERY time we went to the grocery store. The minute Clark saw it, he was in love. He started bouncing up and down in the cart. I pulled out a few and asked him which one he wanted. He immediately went for the red and white polka dot ball. He has barely let it leave his sight since we bought it. Unfortunately I made the mistake of getting the ball at the beginning of our shopping trip (I know all of you experienced mothers out there just let out a big GROAN). He whined for it, and when I handed it to him, thinking that he would just sit quietly and hold it in his lap, he chucked it right out of the cart. He would giggle, and then start whining again that he wanted it. I put a stop to this very quickly, but it resulted in a somewhat whiney child until I filled the cart up with enough groceries to effectively hide the ball. After we got home, we played outside and Clark was just adorable. Tonight, he even caught the ball with no help 3 times! That ball is worth EVERY PENNY I spent and more.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Really cute ball dude. Clark looks adorable. Love, mel and trish

Tricia said...

Cute ball and cute Clarkie. I'm glad he can't swallow this one! ;)

Anonymous said...

The "little" one so reminds me of the "big" one. Tanner loved balls. Has Clark started kicking them yet? That's definitely exciting; especially inside the home. He's such a cute little guy. Enjoy this stage. It's one of the "funnest".