Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Playtime

Lately it seems that Clark has been going through a major developmental phase. He is interacting and responding a lot more. It has been so much fun for us as parents to watch all of his new developments. We were at our friends' house last week and their son kept taking Clark's toys away from him. Finally, Clark began turning and booking it over to where Tanner and I were sitting before the other little boy could take his toys away from him again. He wedged himself between the two of us. Tanner called it his home base. It was so cute to watch. Last night I was cleaning our bedroom, and Clark was buzzing around the room looking for things to get into. First he pulled out Tanner shoes and put one of them on. I saw this and helped him with the other one, and then of course he had to attempt to walk out of the room in them.





Later, I saw him pick up our trash bin and carry it out of the room. I heard him dumping the liner out in the hallway (which I was okay with because I had just dumped the trash, so there was nothing in the liner). I didn't hear Clark for a few minutes, and I have decided that when you don't hear a child for a few minutes, they are either making a HUGE mess, or doing something really cute. Luckily, when I peeked my head around the corner to check on him, it was the latter.

He had created his own little stage for his farm animals. When he placed the last of the farm animals inside, he looked up at me and starting clapping wildly with a big 'ol grin on his face. To which I also started clapping wildly and giving him much praise and accolades.

When Tanner got home and saw what he had done, we talked about it and decided he is a very smart boy (as if no OTHER parent thinks that about their own child).

3 comments:

Steph said...

I get very worried around my house when I haven't heard or seen Alicia or Laura in a while...

nanamoo said...

he was taking lessons from Brianna and Courtney at Christmas!

Melanie said...

Awesome dude! Glad to see you back on the blog.