Friday, May 30, 2008

Andrew is 4 Months!

Andrew is 4 months old today...wow how time flies. He also had his four month check up today and I was interested to see what his stats were, particularly in comparison with Clark at four months. I think they look a lot alike, but I was pretty sure their stats would be very different....and they were!

Andrew at 4 months:

Weight: 14 lbs. 7 oz. (30%)
Height: 26 inches (88%)
Head Circ: 16 1/2 cm (45%)

Clark at 4 months:

Weight: 19 lbs. 14 oz. (97%)
Height: 27 1/2 inches (97%)
Head Circ: 17 cm (75%)

I am realizing now just how HUGE Clark really was and is. The one thing I was surprised about is that Clark was 1 1/2 inches longer than Andrew. It has always seemed like Andrew is longer than Clark was, but maybe that is because Clark was just big all the way around, so it seemed more proportional at the time. When they said Andrew was in the 30th percentile for weight, I got worried that maybe I am not feeding him enough. I asked the doctor if I should start cereal now since he is 4 months and his weight is a little low, and the doctor said I can if I want to but that he is doing great and his weight is normal and fine and shouldn't factor in to whether or not I should start him on cereal. I felt relieved and then laughed at myself for being a little bit psycho about the whole thing. It has actually been a nice relief having a baby that is still easy to carry around. Clark was breaking my back by this age. Andrew is definitely not as serious about getting down to business during feeding time...he likes to talk and eat at the same time. It is fun to see these little differences in their personalities. Before I had Andrew it was so difficult to imagine having a child different than Clark, but I am so glad that each child is so unique and different, because it makes the experiences of life that much more enjoyable, challenging, and interesting. I love my little guy.

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Yay for the little ones!

nanamoo said...

Love the picture...love the boy!

papasmallows said...

AD is looking good. Looks more like his papa with every passing day. :-))))

Steph said...

Cute picture!

Megan said...

aw, he is so cute!

Mama said...

Give me my sons back, please. I let you borrow them long enough.

He is Clark's miniMe. Love it!