Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Happy Mother's Day!

So I was going to try really hard not to brag about how great my Mother's Day was...but I realized I was going to fail miserably...so why try?

Tanner came home with flowers for me yesterday, which if you know Tanner, you would know that it is a big deal, because he hates giving flowers because "they just die." They are beautiful and they have white lilies in them (my favorite) and they smell divine.

This morning Tanner cooked breakfast while I slept in a little bit. He sent Clark in to get me for breakfast, but I didn't know that, so when Clark came in and said "Mommy, beckfast." I said "Go ask Dadda, he'll get you some." Then he said "Momma, DOWN!" I relented and got up, and brought him to the kitchen to get something for him, and Tanner had the table ready. Tanner let me know that he sent Clark in to get me for breakfast, and I realized that he had done the job right, and I just was a little slow. Clark even tried to help out this morning by putting on a tie by himself!Church was good...just enough sap and cheese, but not too much. They did the regular rose thing for the mom's, but in addition, they had an ice cream sundae party for us after church in the cultural hall, which I quite enjoyed actually, especially since we have a family in our ward that owns a frozen custard shop in downtown Vienna, and they provided the ice cream. YUM!

We came home and Clark, Andrew, and I took naps while Dad busily prepared dinner. He made roasted chicken with mashies and stuffing. It was really really good. It was even better because I didn't have to clean up.

Tanner then surprised me with.....Shoes (Gasp!).

Adorable shoes! Now, of course my Mother's Day is a happy one as long as I have my husband and children by my side, but my husband bought me cute shoes y'all...and so it means I had a Happy Happy Mother's Day!

10 comments:

Tricia said...

That's a very fab Mother's Day! Nice job Tan!

Mama said...

That sounds like a great day - HURRAY!!!!

Flowers, no cooking, and shoes. ahh - life is good!

Melody said...

I'm impressed!

Happy Mother's Day.

Heather said...

Wow! Daron would never attempt to buy shoes for me!

papasmallows said...

Way to go Tanman. Clark also needs credit for being good...just look at that face. And AD is the best! A good day had by all.

Nicole said...

DIGGIN' the shoes. Did he pick those out himself!? Way to go! Glad you enjoyed it. We sure deserve it, don't we ;O)

Brianna said...

LOVE THE SHOES!!! (maybe i can borrow them? lol jk) CUTE Sounds like u had a great mothers day.

adventure knitter said...

tell tanner i'm totally impresssed and will be sending tyler to him for lessons

Mary said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. You look just beautiful. I love the shoes.

Mary said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. You look just beautiful. I love the shoes.