Thursday, May 8, 2008

Moments In Motherhood

At one point yesterday, the left shoulder of my shirt was covered in spit up, and the right shoulder of my shirt was covered in snot. I changed my shirt.

Last night we were out eating dinner with our brother-in-law Spencer, who was in town. Clark decided to hop down and go and steal some chips from a guy's meal at a neighboring table while the guy was still sitting there eating his meal. NICE.

On the way home from dinner, I reached back and patted Clark's leg feeling sorry for him because it was late and he looked so tired. When I went to take my hand off, he hurried and grabbed my hand and made me put it back on his leg.

Clark got shy for the first time (I'm serious, I can't ever remember him being shy until this moment) in front of the missionaries when we asked him to recite the first article of faith for them. It was cute.

Just before sitting down to write this blog, I put Clark down for a nap. Andrew had already been sleeping for a little while, and I had literally sat down and written two sentences, when I heard him crying.

Every time I finish feeding and burping Andrew, he gives me the BIGGEST, CUTEST smiles ever...as if to say "Thanks for the meal mom!"

Clark and I were laying in his bed reading the other night when he leaned over and poked the mole that is just underneath my right eye and said "soccer ball". Okay Random, but I thought it was really funny. I taught him how to say "mole" even though I hate that word, and now he says "Soccer ball mole."

I really love the cute, sweet, and fun moments in Motherhood, and sometimes think I could do without the mean, gross, and trying aspects of mothering. But then I realize that how would I continue to be able to fully appreciate the great moments, if there weren't any not so great ones?

5 comments:

nanamoo said...

I am glad you posted this blog. It's keeping it real!

Tricia said...

Come on. What's not great about snot and barf?

Mama said...

OK - I died laughing at soccer ball mole. What the monkey? That kid is a riot.

SpaceyKasey said...

This post was so much fun to read...I laughed and laughed. I agree that you have to experience a little of the sour stuff in motherhood to better appreciate the sweet.
(And Clark is so darn cute! Especially in the tie picture.)

Melody said...

You always have such a great outlook on things. Thank you.