Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Bella's Blessing


This weekend we were in Charlotte for Bella's blessing. You may recall I did not get a chance to spend my time with my newest niece after she was born because we had to jet back to Florida. I spent a lot of time holding her, and I just could not get over how tiny and pretty she is. I am still flabbergasted that Clark was ever that little because I just don't remember it.


We spent the first part of the weekend picking up projects where we had left off when we were in Charlotte back in July, and my mom and I had fun wallpapering the 'retreat'. I told Tricia when I come back, I want to spend lots of time in the retreat because it turned out so good! After doing projects all day, we decided to go out for dinner at Firebirds. We were all starving, and after waiting over an hour for a table, we found out it was going to be another 20 minutes. Tensions were high and blood sugar was low, and there was nearly a family split reminiscient of the Nephites and Lamanites, except this time it was the Wendyites and the Firebirdites. I have to admit I was nearly a converted Wendyite...I thought I was going to perish! But thanks to some quick thinking and action on the part of my father and I, we got into another restaurant and enjoyed quite a yummy meal together in harmony.

Other highlights of the weekend include celebrating Corky's sixth birthday and going bowling! Tanner and I won the couples contest, although we did almost tie with mom and dad thanks to my awesome choking skills. We won't talk about Dan's skills as a bowler...he could take lessons from the Cardoe...it's okay Dan, we all have had those days (when we were 10). We also had fun at the neighborhood water park, and Clark and Dad had a great time on the lazy river. Dad said that he could hang out on the lazy river all day (shocker).
Tanner and I enjoyed our first lesson in chocolate tasting courtesy of Dan's dad Ed Seguine who is a chocolatier. It was very educational, and I am now a true believer. Chocolate IS a symphony.
All in all it was a wonderful weekend. Bella was beautiful in her dress made by Nana, and Dan did a great job, even if he does think that Tanner and I live in Waynesboro. Thanks for the fun weekend!!

7 comments:

nanamoo said...

loved it all! you are a crack up chezzie!

Tricia said...

LOL. Great blogging on the weekend Chez. Is Waynesboro on Wayne's World?

Tricia said...

P.S. I am retreating in the retreat right now!

Cherylyn said...

I don't think so. I think Dan drew a blank when he was introducing Tanner and that is what came out. lol.

Tricia said...

I was joking. I know it isn't on Wayne's World. But Dan's head might have been in Wayne's World. ;)

Melanie said...

You are hilarious...wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I'm so sad I wasn't there. Looks and sounds like a blast.

Anonymous said...

the oldest girl is old enough for me, love to shower with her I love havingsex in the shower, mine was 8 our first time and 22 our last time, I loved when mom worked late or went to visit family , if she went away my daughter always slept in my bed while she was gone, sexat night and wake up to ablowjob