Friday, September 22, 2006

The Office

Yesterday, Clark and I went and visited some friends at my old job at the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation. They have had a lot of changes take place since I left, and there is a lot of stress associated with the upcoming events for Virginia's 400th anniversary. Everyone could not believe how big Clark is, and they just kept saying how well behaved he is...I have to admit that he was putting on quite the show...it was as if he knew he was on display!

My favorite moment of the day was when I was visiting with someone in their cubicle and I heard a group of people laughing nearby, and when I peaked outside of the cubicle down the long hallway, there was one of my former co-workers Debbie, who is in her late 40s, pushing Clark down the hallway in a box with his little head sticking out of the top with a big 'ol grin on his face. How I wish I had my camera with me! Someone came over and said "This is the happiest the office has been in months. Can you come back once a week?" I wanted to say "Sure, can you pay me?" But I didn't.

We ended up being there for over two hours visiting and playing. As I was buckling Clark into his carseat to leave, I replayed in my mind a comment someone made while we were there. They said "you can tell that he is a baby who has his mama at home with him...what a lucky boy he is."

I think I am the lucky one.

2 comments:

Steph said...

What an observant comment for your former coworker to make. It certainly helps to make you feel good about the job you are doing at home...

nanamoo said...

you are both blessed to have each other!