Thursday, September 21, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our 4th anniversary! I kept saying to Tanner tonight that four years doesn't seem like a very long time, but that it feels like we have been married a really long time because I am starting to forget what life was like B.T. (before Tanner) and for that matter B.C. (before Clark). Tanner said that it was because we have done a lot in those four years. I have been thinking about all of our adventures, especially as we are planning for our next trip to Gettysburg and Annapolis next month. Here are some of the highlights of the last four years:

-We have moved four times in four years...not by choice, but by necessity due to things like pee coming through the ceiling from the apartment above us AND neighbors who we almost called the cops on...twice.
-Interesting places we have visited together: Grand Canyon, Tijuana, Southern California, Las Vegas, Zion's National Park, Boise, Denver, Topeka, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, New York, New Jersey, Washington D.C. (numerous times), Boston, Connecticut, North Carolina, and West Virginia. Should I count Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown a.k.a. The Historic Triangle? Oh alright. I must also mention our numerous trips to both Florida and Washington state to visit our parents. Tanner has also been to Dallas, TX and Louisville, KY without me (wah!) for job interviews.
-Tanner has 1.66 university degrees and has had 4 part time jobs.
-Cherylyn has had 1.2 pregnancies....that's in the PAST people, don't get so excited, and 5 full time jobs (if you count the one that I had for 3 days, and the one that I held for less than 30 days...NO I didn't get fired from them.)
-9 church callings between the two of us.
-Gone through 4 televisions...don't ask.
-Cherylyn has had 3 different hairstyles...although Tanner might argue more because I have visited my sisters and mother more than 3 times, so it must be more.
-One growing baby boy named Clark, who Tanner and I couldn't help but talk about over dinner tonight even though we were alone, and we decided he is the biggest highlight of the four years....although every thing else has been pretty darn fun too!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Yeah! happy anniversary guys! Its been busy and fun years...wasn't Boise and Connecticut the most awesome though?

Melanie said...

Oh yeah...and I was very impressed about the nine callings. :)

nanamoo said...

you guys are a great couple. i burst out laughing about the hairsytles, btw

Missy White said...

I want to know about the 4 tv sets-you are a great couple. Congrats!