Friday, September 29, 2006

SKIP-BO!


I don't remember NOT knowing how to play Skip-Bo. The box says "Age 7 & up", but I know I learned earlier. My Grandma Pat taught me, and it was one of my favorite things to do when we would visit. When I was in college, I was delighted to find that my roommate owned Skip-Bo too! I didn't think anyone else knew about the game. I would make all my roommates play with me and we even had a scorecard on the wall of who had the most Skip-Bo wins. I know I love playing it because it reminds me of my childhood days at Grandma's. My roommate bought me my own set of Skip-Bo cards as a Christmas present, and Tanner and I have played it numerous times since we began dating. Tonight it was our Friday night fun after Clark went to bed. I won a game and Tanner won a game...so I guess we both get to go to bed happy (although I wanted to play a tiebreaker....what's the fun in a tie? I like winners and losers!). The cards have changed in quality and color, but I still get that same YEAHHHH feeling when I turn over a SKIP-BO card on my stock pile as I did twenty years ago. How many games can you say that about?

5 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm all about winners and losers too.

nanamoo said...

i love to win, but i don't hate to lose...it's all about the fun you had playing

g-ma pat would be pleased and so would g-g chytraus -- you have lots of the card playing gene from both sides of the family...it's a good thing you don't gamble!

Linda Carter said...

those memories with grandma's are great to have.. and yes, there must be winners AND losers...:):)

Missy White said...

I like the game too. We'll have to play when you come for your visit.

Melanie said...

I haven't played skip-bo in ages...i think i will have to now.