Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Dress



Yesterday was my friend's birthday. To celebrate, I took her out to lunch and then we went shopping to find her a cute outfit with her birthday money from her family. We stopped in at Ann Taylor Loft that just opened in town. They had lots of cute things, but I didn't think there was anything in my budget. I went straight to the back of the store where they were having a 40% of all clearance items. There was one random dress there in the midst of a bunch of other clothes. It was my size, and I loved it. I loved the price too...originally $89 on sale for $13. I tried it on, and loved it some more. It is a total 1950s dress. I bought it. My friend Jenn bought a cute skirt also. I came home and said to Tanner that I had bought a dress and loved it so much I was bursting with happiness. When was the last time an article of clothing had you bursting with happiness? I would love to hear your stories.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

You are SO adorable. LOVE the dress. Your figure is lovely, and is looking MIGHTY lovely in that dress. With my birthday just recently, I scored on clothes from the fam. jeans that fit, and 2 church outfits has had me bursting with happiness! Hurray for new clothes!

Tricia said...

Two cute sisters in one day!
I'm bursting with happiness!
(oh, and Anthropologie makes me burst with happiness any day--but especially my new brown polka dot shirt.)

Melanie said...

p.s. good job not turtling:)
love, mel and trish analyzing you on the phone! Also nice hair. Love, us.

Missy White said...

It's that basic little black dress that can go anywhere. You look lovely in it! Congrats on the find!

nanamoo said...

it is perfect for you!