Thursday, November 23, 2006

The First Thanksgiving!

...for Clark anyway! This Thanksgiving, we decided to have a quiet and laid back day, choosing to neither entertain nor be entertained. I just wanted to cook for our little family and spend the day together. We had a yummy dinner, and then we all passed out from exhaustion afterward from all that turkey. Clark's favorites were definitely the turkey and mashed potatoes...with the gravy I might add.

He was so excited when he saw all that FOOD!

He just couldn't help but stick his paws right into the Turkey plate and help himself.


(I love mashies!)

For those of you who are at all familiar with the Carter clan, you know we have a Thanksgiving tradition called BAG. We go around the table during dinner and each person tells one Blessing and one Accomplishment from this past year, and one Goal for the next year. While we were not with any of the other members of the Carter clan, I thought about what my BAG would be, and thought it appropriate to record here.

Blessing: Of course it would have to be Clark ... he brings us so much happiness and fun!
Accomplishment: It's hard to think of one BIG accomplishment since it seems like my life is full of little ones ... but overall, just balancing life as a wife, my new job as a mom, and keeping myself personally fulfilled.
Goal: Make a smooooooth transition from student family life to working family life ... buy a house, have more kids ... who knows what this next year could bring?!

Just for the fun of it ... I made up a BAG for Clark:

Blessing: My AWESOME parents of course!
Accomplishment: Sleeping through the night ... I really like eating every 4 hours, but my mommy did not like that ... so instead I just eat twice as much during the day to compensate.
Goal: Convince my parents to give me a brother or sister ... I want someone to play with that's my size.

Tanner's BAG:

Blessing: My beautiful and hardworking wife. Parenting has been more fun, and much, much easier than I anticipated, due in large part to the fact that Cherylyn is such a wonderful mother.
Accomplishment: Working at Lowndes for the summer ... well enough, at least, to receive an offer of employment
Goal: Graduate from law school and be done with school--FINALLY--before I die from exhaustion.

What are your BAGs this year??

2 comments:

nanamoo said...

love your hair chezzie!

beautiful blogs from the whole fam

Missy White said...

Am glad you had a cozy, yummy and enjoyable Thanksgiving. The bird and the table looked great! Clark's enthusiasm for the meal is darling!!!

Your bags ideas were great!