Saturday, June 14, 2008

Alexandria Waterfront Festival


There are too many fun things to do in this area to only just sit around lazy at home every weekend. We like doing the lazy thing, but it was getting a little old so I started looking into things we could do together as a family on the weekends. This weekend happened to be the Waterfront Festival in Alexandria, and we decided to go and check it out. If you ever come up to the DC area and want something to do outside of downtown DC, I would highly recommend a walk through Old Town Alexandria and down to the waterfront. We ended up walking 17 blocks down King Street to the waterfront where the festival was being held. We had a really good time looking at paintings, arts and crafts, and of course, going on some rides! It was a pretty warm day, but Clark had a great time, except on the big slide he went on with me. When we got to the bottom, he said "No more SLIDE!" He also wasn't a huge fan of the Ferris Wheel. Andrew was the get along kid, although he definitely does not like a bumpy ride in the stroller. At first, every time we would go over a bump in the sidewalk, he would give a "yelp!" before settling back down...but he finally got used to it. We were exhausted by the end of the day mostly from the heat, but we really enjoyed ourselves. I think I am going to have to channel my inner Debbie more often so we can have more "get up and go!" days like today.





tired much?

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Channel your inner Debbie.

You funny Chezzie.

nanamoo said...

I cracked up that too! I want to go to Alexandria!!!

Melanie said...

Way funny.
We have fun when I channel the inner debbie as well. ;)