Friday, June 13, 2008

My Friend Preston

We have this great setup with another family in our ward where we take turns watching each other's children on the weekend so we can each have nights out with our spouses. Our friends have a little boy named Preston who is about 6 months younger than Clark. He is a calm and quiet little boy...the exact opposite of Clark...but it works out great because his parents want him to be a little more outgoing like Clark, and we want Clark to be a little more calm like Preston. They balance each other out pretty well.

We took care of Preston all day today, and they just had a blast together. They both love cars and trains and it is so nice now that they are at an age where they can play well together for most of the time. It was such a nice day so I got them both in their swim trunks and let them go out onto the deck to play in the water. I had bought this frog sprinkler thing because I thought it would be more fun if the water sprayed out like a sprinkler...but neither one of them was a huge fan of it. Finally I just decided to disconnect it and let the hose run. They loved playing with the hose. They filled up trucks and buckets and were scooping water everywhere. Their little giggles and laughs were priceless to hear. I also went and filled up some water balloons for them to play with. I don't know what I expected them to do with them except throw them on the ground in front of them, but of course, they were MUCH more creative than that. Preston took his and walked right over to the railing and threw his right over the top...they went crazy excited when they saw it land on the grass down below. I couldn't fill up balloons fast enough for them! I am glad that Clark has a good buddy that he enjoys hanging out with. Since he left, Clark decides he needs Preston every once in a while for something and he runs to the door and shouts "Preston, WHERE ARE YOU?"


1 comment:

nanamoo said...

Cute...too cute!