Saturday, June 28, 2008

California: Day 5

Today was a momentous and busy day! It began with the sealing of my Uncle John and Aunt Joy in the Newport Beach temple. I love attending sealing ceremonies, and it was particularly special to be there with family.


Later on, we celebrated my Grandma Barbara's 80th birthday. It was a lot of fun seeing Aunts and Uncles and cousins that I haven't seen in years. My mother's family can be pretty funny and there were lots of fun and yet sweet and poignant moments as each family took their turn to talk about how my grandma has influenced and blessed each of our lives. I especially loved when we went and released 80 balloons outside in celebration of her 80 years! My grandma is such a sweet person and just as my grandparents on my dad's side that I mentioned in my previous blog, she has also blessed and influenced my life in so many ways, and I will forever be grateful
to her for the woman, mother, grandmother, and great grandmother she is!



My grandma with her daughters

Clark was just there for the food

1 comment:

nanamoo said...

That was a great day!