Monday, December 3, 2007

Babysitting in CT

I offered to come up to Connecticut to babysit Mel and Spencer's kids (and their dog) while they flew out to San Diego to find themselves a new place to live. We flew in this morning and Spencer and Melanie flew out later on . I really wanted to make a good impression on Truby and remind him how much he loves me! So, we made a big gingerbread house together tonight, but it backfired on me. At one point I could tell he was getting sad. I asked him what was wrong and he said "I miss my mommy". I realized that he is used to doing fun stuff like this with his mom, and there was no way I was going to be able to substitute for that. But, we made the best of it and still had fun. Truby and I did the finishing touches while Clark and Elliot graciously offered to lick the frosting off the beaters.

Clark and Elliot sized each other up pretty quickly, and I realized I was going to be doing a lot of refereeing between these two this week. I loved Toby the dog...on the first day.

2 comments:

nanamoo said...

that's an awesome looking house there!

Melanie said...

Those are cute pics Chez...you did great!