Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Connecticut In Review

Melanie and I got to spend the last day together before Clark and I flew out Tuesday night. We went to the mall to shop and the kids had fun playing on the toys in the food court.
Melanie and I talked about her trip and I told her all the good, bad, and ugly stuff from our end. There were a few things I learned from this experience that I expected and some that were unexpected:

Expected

1) Boys are fun...nuff said.

2) TV is a lifesaver...or at least a sanity saver.

3) I enjoy warmer climates.

4) I love helping out my sisters in their time of need, but I also love going home at the end of it too.

Unexpected

1) I will not have a dog in my house until my children are at least in middle school and can take care of it themselves. They are lovely animals, but they are like children, and children are enough for me for now.

2) I keep other people's houses much cleaner than my own, even when I know they won't be coming home for days. What's up with that? I am sure my husband is wondering the same thing. New goal for the new year!

3) It takes an hour to get three kids dressed in snow clothes to go out and play for 30 minutes. Worth it? Yes. Tiring? Yes.

4) You can be in earnest prayer and swear at the same time, but only in an emergency.

8 comments:

nanamoo said...

I enjoyed reading about your adventures in CT!

Tricia said...

Prayer and swearing...that's funny.

Paige said...

You are awesome to help out. That is a lucky break with the dog and the pacie, makes for a great story. I came to the same dog realization too, thankfully before we got one.

Melanie said...

Chez...what can I say...you are the best!

Sarah H said...

Hey Cherylyn,
It's Sarah Henrikson here! How's it going? We got your Christmas letter--it was so great to catch up with you. Now I'll have your blog and we can keep in better touch. I have a blog too:
www.sarahjasonjamesnathan.blogspot.com
Congratz on the baby comine next Feb and to tanner graduating.
We're expecting a baby too in June.
take care!
Sarah

Melody said...

Love the blog! You have the cutest way of telling your stories.

Ashlea said...

I just love your blogs, Cherylyn and love the new background...Great family pic! That is just so hard to do!

Nicole said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm just dying at your last "unexpected". Oh, funny.