Sunday, December 9, 2007

Church and Truisms

I was secretly hoping for a huge storm to hit Connecticut on Saturday night so that I would be spared from going to church, but it was not to be. It actually ended up being quite a pleasant experience. I made sure that Clark and Elliot sat on either side of me with their own toys and their own snacks. I even kind of kept up a barrier (using one of the coats) so they couldn't really see what the other one was doing and get mad that the other had a toy that surely belonged to them. Truman was a very good boy as well, and I didn't have to leave sacrament meeting once!

Throughout the week, Tru had been having a difficult time and was missing his mom and dad quite a lot. After the first couple of days of this, I decided to take a different approach than "Tru, I'm sorry you miss your mom and dad, and they will come home, but it is going to be a long time". I can't believe that didn't work! ;-) Instead, I finally asked him if he thought it would be good to pray to Heavenly Father to help him not to cry. He thought that was a great idea, and every night, he would pray that he wouldn't cry. And he didn't the rest of the time I was there. He is such a faithful little boy! The other thing I loved about Truman is that after dinner every night, he would say "This is the yummiest dinner I have ever had!" I felt quite chuffed about this until after Melanie came home and we were eating pizza at the mall food court and Truman said "This is the yummiest dinner I have ever had!"

1 comment:

Melanie said...

He is a faithful little boy!! And, I only make it through sacrament meeting about 50% of the time....maybe...so extra props to you.